I like shopping. This is no secret. I am also a fairly savvy shopper; I’ve scored some pretty amazing deals over the years. I get a bit of a rush when someone compliments me on something I’m wearing and I’m able to say “Thank you! It was a total steal at only $__!”
Today I’m going to share a few of my shopping secrets with you, my lovely readers. I’m going to focus on online shopping because, being from a part of the world with extremely limited shopping opportunities, I’m rather good at it.
So, in no particular order, here are some tips for being a savvy online shopper and scoring yourself some stellar bargains.
1. Flash sales websites are basically online sample sales through which you can score amazing deals on high end, mid range, and everyday items. I own four Matt and Nat purses, two of which were purchased from a flash sale site for about $30. Matt and Nat bags typically retail for $100-200, so mine were an utter steal! You have to sign up for these sites, and sometimes it takes a few days for you to get access, but it’s free to join and totally worth it.
My favourite flash sale sites are http://www.beyondtherack.com,
http://www.thepeacockparade.com, and http://www.hautelook.com.
2. Know your size. This means taking measurements. Most online retailers will have measurements listed in their size charts. Read them. There’s nothing worse than ordering something in your usual size only to discover that it doesn’t fit properly when it arrives.
3. Read the return policy. If something doesn’t fit, isn’t to your liking, or is in some way flawed, you want to know that you can return it and get a full refund including the shipping costs.
4. Know what styles flatter your figure. Do a little research. Are you pear shaped, apple shaped, boyish? Know your body type and read articles, etc. and learn what cuts, lengths, patterns, etc. work well for your figure. That way you can avoid owning a gorgeous trapeze coat that makes you look two feet tall.
5. Look for free shipping. Shipping costs can be steep, particularly if you live in a rural area. There are lots of sites that charge nothing for shipping, and many that have specials during which they waive shipping fees. One of my favourite online shopping destinations,
http://www.simons.ca reguarly offers free shipping and http://www.asos.com ships worldwide for free!
6. Sign up for email blasts and newsletters from your favourite sites and you’ll always be on top of the latest offers.
7. If you’re looking for something in particular but don’t know where to start, or have a question that I haven’t answered here, ask me! I love, love, love helping people find something they’re after and I will always take the time to help!
Did you like this post? Would you be interested in more tips like this in future? Let me know! xo