It’s a new season and I’m ready for a new project.
I’ve been reading about capsule wardrobes for ages and I recently learned about Project 333. The basic idea is that you select 33 items from your wardrobe, including outerwear, shoes, and accessories, and wear only those items for the next three months.
I’m going to take the plunge and give it a try. I’m changing the rules a bit for myself so that the project works for me. I’m not including outwear or accessories, although I do tend to wear the same few pieces of jewelry pretty much every day. I’m not including outwear because my winter parka, scarf, hat, and mitts are necessities and I don’t consider them part of an outfit since I take them off as soon as I get inside.
Why am I doing this? I am so glad you asked! I have Reasons:
- I have some financial goals I’d like to achieve this year, including paying off my line of credit which has been hanging around for way too long. I am debt fatigued kittens.
- I want to buy a new car. I spent the last three weeks cruising around in a Honda Civic that’s older than I am (I dare anyone to challenge me on that) with a driver’s side window stuck halfway open. In the rainy season. It was unpleasant.
- I’d like to develop a clearer sense of my personal style, though I do know it’s built around solid basics and limited amounts of colour.
- I want to stop feeling like if I just buy one more thing my wardrobe will be perfect. It’s never going to happen.
- I’d like to save for the things I really want that cost a pretty penny such as a leather jacket and a (dare I say it?) vintage Chanel bag.
I’m not starting right this very second. It takes time to go through a wardrobe as
gargantuan huge full well established as mine.
I’ve started a Project 333 collection on Polyvore to help me work out what I need to include. I don’t necessarily have all of these pieces exactly in my wardrobe, but I picked pieces with the general feel of my favourites.
Oh. I forgot to mention, there’s no shopping with Project 333.
Once I’ve started the project I’m going to try to post daily outfits pictures on Instagram. @PoutineandPrada if you care to follow along.
What do you think?
P.S. My apologies about the code showing after the image. I’m rusty on HTML.